Effective Date: November 30, 2022
Poppy and Pit, LLC is a United States based company(“Poppy”). Your privacy is important to Poppy and we want your experience with both the poppynotes Application and the poppynotes Website to be fun and secure.
WHAT IS USER DATA:
“User Data” is defined as any information from which you as a user of the Website or the Poppynotes Application can be identified, either directly (personally, such as your name and email), or indirectly through encrypted analytics and diagnostics.
HOW WE COLLECT USER DATA INFORMATION?
We collect User Data information from you when you:
1) use our Website;
2) subscribe to our email mailing list on our Website;
3) communicate with us through the Website; or, the Poppynotes Application through the Apple® App Store®;
4) download and login to the Poppynotes Application through the Apple® App Store®;
5) create an account on the Poppynotes Application using your Apple® ID; or,
6) subscribe to the Poppynotes Application full access of Services on the Apple® App Store®.
WHAT USER DATA WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT:
User Data Collected Directly and as Provided by You:
- Contact information you electively submit when subscribing to our Website email mailing list, such as your name and email address.
- Content, communication, and information you electively submit to us through our Website contact page and the Apple® App Store®.
- Contact information you opt-in to share when creating an account on the Poppynotes Application. This information includes your name and email address.
- Any ‘saved’ and ‘favorited’ Services on the Poppynotes Application that are stored on your poppynotes account.
Poppynotes Uses Your Direct Information for Email Communications:
Poppy and Pit LLC does not sell, rent or lease its user email mailing lists to third parties.
Should you subscribe to our email mailing list through the Website or marketing link, or opt-in when creating an account on the Poppynotes Application, we may send you communications via email for the purpose of providing announcements, promotional offers, alerts, confirmations, surveys, and/or other general communication. Our email subscriber options include, but are not limited to, blog updates, email newsletter, product offers, and new release announcements. If you would like to stop receiving our emailed marketing or promotional communications about the Poppynotes Application and Services, you may opt-out of such communications by clicking here.
User Data Collected Indirectly About You Through Analytics, and Cookies:
Both the Poppynotes Application and Website collect Indirect Information. When you visit or use our Website and the Poppynotes Application, basic information about your internet/electronic activity is automatically collected. This information may include your IP (Internet Protocol) address. When connecting to our Website, the Website may place ‘cookies’ on your browser to enhance your user experience, defined below.
When using the Poppynotes Application, User ID Identifiers generated by the App Store and Google, the platforms on which the Poppynotes Application operates, are assigned, “User ID”). These User IDs are generally not identifiable to you personally. They allow you access to, and use of, the Services and assist us in improving the Poppynotes Applications’ functions and your user experience.
1) Analytics: The Website and Poppynotes Application use Apple® Analytics and Google® Analytics (the “Analytic Programs”). The Analytic Programs gather and analyze information pertaining to the functionality and user engagement with the Poppynotes Application and our Website, which is then shared with us in the form of diagnostic reports (the “Analytical Information”). The Analytical Information is used to measure traffic and usage trends for the Services; gauge performance; and facilitate market demand. The Analytical Information does not personally identify you by name or email, but as a statistical number in the reports provided by the Analytic Programs.
Such data may include:
- Number of Users and Sessions
- Session duration
- Operating systems
- Device Models
- First Launches
- App Opens
- App updates
- In-app purchases
- Crashes and their type
- IP Address (Internet Protocol Address) when applicable, on the Website and Poppynotes Application.
Cookies are uniquely assigned to you and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to You. When you use the Website, the Website may place Cookies on your browser. One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time and offer a better user experience. You have the choice to accept or decline cookies. You also have the choice to remove saved cookies on your web browser. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the Website or its Services.
3) In-App Communications: When using the Poppynotes Application, you are assigned your User ID. From time to time, we will use your User ID to send you ‘push’ notifications to communicate and relay information to you through the Poppynotes Application. These communication features and any data associated with them are provided by our third-party partner platforms, Apple® and Google® Engagement under the analytics and diagnostic reports we receive but are not directly identifiable to you. By using the Poppynotes Application you agree to receive these notifications and other forms of communications including but not limited to, alerts about updates and new Services that have been added. You may choose to opt-out of these notifications on your device under Settings and Notifications.
IN-APP ACCOUNT SET UP AND MANAGEMENT:
An in-application account is set up directly on the Poppynotes Application through the user’s Apple® ID and Apple® certification platform (the “In-App Account”). An In-App Account is NOT mandatory to use the Poppynotes Application. Upon first download of the Poppynotes Application through the Apple® App Store®, you will be given the choice to sign up or not.
1) If you create an In-App Account: When you create an In-App Account, your user preferences and the contact information you provide are stored on your account allowing your ‘saved’ and ‘favorited’ content to be stored, added to, or deleted by you directly from the Poppynotes Application.
2) If you Opt-Out of an In-App Account but have a Subscription: Without setting up an In-App account, should you have a paid Subscription to the Services, your user preferences will be stored on your personal Device, including your ‘saved’ and ‘favorited’ content.
3) No In-App Account or Services Subscription: If you chose to opt-out of creating an account and are NOT a paid Services subscriber, you will not have the option to ‘save’ or ‘favorite’ your content.
4) Deleting an In-App Account: You may delete your In-App Account and any User Data associated with it at any time using the ‘Delete Account’ option under the menu on the Poppynotes Application, or by request via our Website contact page. See ‘DELETION OF USER DATA’ below.
PLEASE NOTE that by deleting your In-App Account you are NOT deleting your access to either the free Services or your ‘subscription’ Services for the Poppynotes Application. Management of your Services subscription and deletion of the Poppynotes Application is done by you through your Apple® ID account and your device.
Poppy and Pit LLC and its designees may remove, or block saved items at any time for any reason, including activity which, in its sole judgement violates the EULA for the Poppynotes Application.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR DATA AND USE OF THIRD PARTIES:
1) Marketing Vendors: To operate effectively as a business, we may need to pass your information on to selected and trusted third-parties. For example, if you subscribe to our email mailing list on the Website or opt-in to share your contact information (name and email) when you create an In-App Account on the Poppynotes Application, we will share your information with our trusted third party service provider(s), like MailChimp®, who will be conducting our marketing services, including but not limited to: telling you about forthcoming new Poppynotes™: arrivals, special offers, promotions, updates, upgrades, and general information about the Website and the Poppynotes Application.
Poppy ensures that we have entered into appropriate Data Processing Agreements with the trusted third-party service providers we work with for such purposes, which means that they can only process your User Data in accordance with our instructions and they will not be able to use it for their own purposes.
CONSENT TO DISCLOSURE AND RETENTION:
Should you choose to purchase a subscription to the full access of Services through the App Store®, Poppy does not collect, store, or otherwise have access to your identifying financial information disclosed in your purchase. All financial processing and subscription management is done through the App Store® by you using your individual Apple® ID on your devices. You may un-subscribe from your purchased Services subscription at any time. If you un-subscribe from your Services subscription you will revert to the base state that has a limited offering of no-cost Services.
CHILDREN UNDER THIRTEEN:
The Website and the Poppynotes Application and its Services do not intentionally address anyone under the age of thirteen. We do not knowingly solicit or collect any information about users who may be under the age of 13. You must be age 13 (or equivalent minimum age in your Home Country, as set forth in the Apple® ID creation process) to use the Poppynotes Application and its Services. Please do not provide us with any User Data if you are under the age of 13. Except as provided herein, if we discover that a person who is under the age of 13 has provided us with User Data, we will immediately delete the data from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with User Data, please contact us. Unless the access to the Poppynotes Application by a person under the age of 13 meets all qualifications set forth in the Apple Usage Rules; or, Poppy has a legal obligation to keep it, Poppy shall terminate the underage person’s access to the Poppynotes Application and delete their data thereon.
The Website and the Poppynotes Application take appropriate security measures through user identity verification and authentication standards and procedures established by our partner platforms (Google® and Apple®), as well as server security protocol that includes verification and authentication to protect against unauthorized access to or alteration of your User Data. It is important to note, however, that no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your User Data, you acknowledge that:
1) You use the Poppynotes Application and Website at your own risk;
2) There are security and privacy limitations inherent to the Internet which are beyond our control; and
3) Security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through the use of the Website or the Poppynotes Application cannot be guaranteed.
DELETION OF USER DATA:
1) Poppynotes Application In-App Account Data: To delete your account and any User Data associated with your account you may:
*delete your account directly from the Poppynotes Application using the ‘delete account’ option under the Menu; or,
*request the deletion of your account and any User Data associated with your account through our Website Contact Page, subject line “Request for Deletion of Poppynotes Application Account and User Data.
2) The Website: To delete your User Data associated with your activity on the Website you may make the request through our Website Contact Page, subject line “Request for Deletion of Website User Data”.
HOW YOU CAN CONTROL YOUR PRIVACY:
Apple® provides settings and controls to help you manage what data is shared. In addition to the controls provided in user devices, Apple® provides data and privacy tools at privacy.apple.com to help you take control of the data stored with Apple®.
Similarly to Apple®, Google® provides settings and controls within their devices and platform to help you be in control of your Privacy. You can review Google’s information about their Privacy settings and data collection controls at Google privacy controls .
Poppy and Pit, LLC
23890 Copper Hill Drive, Ste. 186
Valencia, California 91354