Hey there, this is Kate and I’m the ‘poppy’ behind the poppynotes app on the Apple App Store!
I’ve had a vision for this project for the past 5 years, but it wasn’t until 2020 hit that I started to take action steps toward making this dream a reality. I’ve been a commercial illustrator, designer, branding advisor for the past 25+ years, and an all around art geek for my whole life. Creating greeting cards was my first passion when I was a little girl and after decades of various artistic career journeys I’m returning to my roots with the poppynotes app.
My intention for poppynotes is to create a space (an app) where you can easily and quickly select a fun & stylish e-card, invite, announcement and greeting design to creatively backdrop YOUR words and quickly send (by text, email, social share, or print) so that you can stay connected with the important people in your life! I like to keep things simple and have designed poppynotes to be just that … super simple easy-peasy and fun.
After MANY hurdles and roadblocks the poppynotes app went live on the Apple App Store early December 2022, just in time for the Holidays with our Version 1.
I’m SUPER excited to announce our Version 2 will be released in the next couple of months with many more fun features to simplify your life and communications! We have BIG plans here and absolutely can’t wait to keep growing with you.
A few FUN FACTS about me:
- I’m the proud mom of two grown young men who are amazing humans.
- My husband of 30+ years and I work together in the same office space (thanks COVID) and STILL laugh and love eachother! Who knew that could happen?!
- I’m a coffee addict lover and NEED my morning latte(s). I’ve mastered the perfect technique but haven’t gotten to the point of making art on the foam yet. Stay tuned – that’s on my bucket list of skills.
- My dog, Daisy, is a constant in our office and never ceases to amuse. Especially at meal and snack time.
- I play pickleball at least once a week (be sure to check out our pickleball poppynotes on the app).
- I was lucky enough to go on an amazing African Safari in 2019 that utterly blew my mind about the world, nature, the beauty and majesty of mother earth and travel.
- I’m a firm believer in keeping open to the world of possibility and dreaming BIG. I also know that dreams take community so keeping connected to the important people in my life is super important.
Hence – that’s where poppynotes comes in … helping to easily and beautifully keep YOU connected to the people you love in your life.
Be sure to sign up for our Newsletter and follow us on social! We can’t wait to share all the fun stuff that’s on the way.
We also want to hear from you! Go to our contact page and let us know what designs you’d like to see added to the app. I’ve got a list that is growing and I intend to get to them all.
See you soon
AND – follow us on social
join the party